[talk] FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE on the PcEngines APU2

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:43:29 EDT 2016

All
 I was wondering if anyone was running FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE on a PcEngine's APU2 ?

I am running into a strange issue with the serial console. On a fresh install of 10.3-RELEASE (all amd64 installs btw)

the APU2 correctly outputs the console to the serial port. The installer see's I am on a serial port and askes me to
select my terminal . The install works and I am left with a working box.  Now if I upgrade to 11.0-RELEASE

my console is now working. No method of adjusting boot.config with -D -S115200 or adjusting loader.conf with

boot_serial or comconsole works either. So I decided to try a fresh install of 11.0-RELEASE in the hopes I somehow
broke the upgrade; However the system stops displaying output after the loader passes the console to the kernel. Booting
with -D will get the system to display the kernel boot up messages, but it then hangs at
random: unblocking device.  I am not sure whats broken here ? setting console=serial kills the console as if its outputting
to another serial port . In any case I am reverting back to 10.3-RELEASE for now. Anyone have any ideas ?

 -- Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com