[talk] installfest, tonight

Sevan Janiyan venture37 at geeklan.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 09:46:29 EDT 2016

Hello,

On 05/08/2016 01:09, Jun Ebihara wrote:
> hpcmips port was out of hospital,from wrong term NetBSD old MIPS port broken.

> 3. 7.99.34 kernel hangs after /sbin/init
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcmips/2016/07/29/msg000287.html

NetBSD/hpcmips was fixed in -head & the changes were pulled up into the
netbsd-6 & 7 stable branches. Then -head was promptly broken again.
If you don't need to run NetBSD-HEAD, any of the current stable
snapshots should work on a WorkPad.
For NetBSD-HEAD, I sent my device away so the issue could be looked into
closely, trying to do remote hands proved to be ineffective. There is
progress being made and hopefully soon there should be would snapshots
of -HEAD as well.

> 1. PCMCIA card support still on NetBSD 5 decade.
> 2. lost intterept issue remains such as PCMCIA bus, may be.
>
> If you can check PCMCIA card with NetBSD/i386 works well,
> add configration to hpcmips GENERIC and re-compiling kernel
> should work well.

This is hit & miss. I have a 10Mbps ne(4) card which works without issue
(sustaining a whopping 300kbps when doing network installs) but a
100Mbps ne(4) card causes the system to become unresponsive whilst it's
connected & the interface is up. YMMV :)

Sevan