[talk] X11 setup, basic question

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Fri Apr 14 19:53:29 EDT 2017

Hi All,

So I fixed it!  Was missing a package:

xf86-video-intel-2.99.917.20170228 Driver for Intel integrated graphics
chipsets

I'm at a loss as to how it dissappeared, (or if it was even installed in
the first place).

Anyhow, suspend/resume back to working, screen lights back up and dims,
orignal xorg.conf working again, everything fine.

--
Now a better question: X11 - will any open source replacement emerge in
our lifetime?  I mean like a total replacement.

I got pretty comfy/lazy with Macs over the years, and X still causes me
grief.  As a user, OpenBSD X11 was far less prone to total-meltdown, and
far better documented and cleaned up- but still X.

Best,
.ike