[talk] X not yeilding to console view

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Sat Apr 15 21:26:11 EDT 2017

Word,

On 04/15/17 00:12, fire crow wrote:
> Hi all,
> Have an X situation as well, for me X boots up fine and works, but
> does not gracefully resort back to a text console view as it shuts
> down or from C-ALT-F2.  I installed the vesa driver but without any luck.
I've had the exact same problem but ignored it for some months:
Lenovo X230, FreeBSD 11-REL.

Perhaps this helps:
I have foggy memories of solving this some years ago (on vastly
different hardware), by doing some reload via vidcontrol(1) or
syscons(4) action.

Again, I'm currently ignoring this problem but if I get a moment to hack
it to working I'll definitely post here.

Best,
.ike