[talk] upcoming hackathon proposal: NYC BSD Tor bridges

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Tue Aug 8 14:05:25 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017, at 11:28 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
> The operating system diversity numbers in the Tor network are ugly, and

... yep, right now diversity is bad all over- anecdotally I point to the
monoculture of Linux that is emerging on the net at large, (servers and
networking gear), not to mention the monoculture of mac.

> There's only 31 *BSD bridges.  That's a number we could quickly change
... UGH

Wow.

> I want to put this workshop together to conduct a hands-on session that
> will put another five or ten *BSD bridges into the Tor ecosystem. You

Yes- and count me in to arrive with a bag of ethernet switches and a
router doing DHCP, to make group setup of various gear fast and easy.

/salute

Best,
.ike