[talk] Updated FreeBSD Graphics For Intel GPU's

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 07:14:37 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 07:49:07AM +0000, Malcolm Matalka wrote:
> Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> writes:
>
> > hey everyone - so i've been helping test the work that the FreeBSD folks have been doing to get support for modern Intel GPU's based on the
> > i915 chipset (which is a majority of the laptops shipped these days).  The initial work was to improve the linux KBI interface in FreeBSD
> > which allowed the developers to easily import the linux i915 code into FreeBSD.  The decision was also made to create a port of this work -
> > much in the same way that the Nvidia Xorg drivers are handled.
> >
> > I've been dog-fooding this code for quite a while now and while there are some rough edges it looks like this work has been accepted by the
> > ports team:
>
> Do you know if this means it'll start showing up TrueOS UNSTABLE woon?

I was under the impression that TrueOS is already using the drm-next stuff.
(I'm going on a vague memory of a message from Warren Block after I'd
mentioned my issues with an Intel card on FreeBSD forums, but I can't find
it.)

If you do try with TrueOS, please update us.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6