[talk] opnsense box for home: APU2 or something else?

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Tue Dec 19 20:43:55 EST 2017

* Jim Thompson <jim at netgate.com> [2017-12-19 17:16:18-0600]:
> I agree with George that $190 is high.  APU2C4: $128. case1Du $9.60 +
> PS $4.40 + 16GB m-sata $17.80 is all of $160 before shipping.
>
> Yes, you can do it for less with a 2GB board, SD card, etc.

Hi Jim,

I had mentioned it to George on IRC, but yeah, I roughly spec'd it out
on PC Engines, but I calculated with the apu3b4 msata60b, and SD card
which accounted for the difference in price. (I was doing some very
rough calculations without thinking it through.)

But I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that this is the vendor
to go with, so I'll pull the trigger on this soon.

Thomas