[talk] Fwd: 2017-03-25-netbsd-hpcmips.img

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Mar 31 09:03:00 EDT 2017

Jun Ebihara:
> From: George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com>
> Subject: Re: [talk] Fwd: 2017-03-25-netbsd-hpcmips.img
> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 01:29:00 +0000

>> I realized I missed that... but then it's unclear what to "click" "five
>> times" to calibrate.. right or left mouse?  I tried a bunch of things,
>> but still have to wait those 5-10 minutes.
>
> tpctl means "touch panel control", special setting for hpcmips/arm/sh.
> I'll make comment out next hpcmips image.

There's touch panel control support on the WorkPad?  That confused me...

Also why is $TERM set to wsvt25?  vt220 seems work for me better for the
screen size.

>> I would love to upload a dmesg to dmesgd.nycbug.org for it... but since
>> the wi(4) driver for my wireless PCMCIA cards isn't included in this
>> image, and there's no ethernet, no USB..  I have to get a NetBSD box up
>> to mount the CF card to post it.
>
> What kind of card you have? give me some infomation to re-compile kernel.

:)

I have three cards donated by other NYC*BUG people.

* rtw (on OpenBSD) Realtek 8180 RTL8180F which is a Linksys 802.11b card

* another Realtek 8185 which uses re(4) I think.  It's from Encore
Electronics

* then the closest to wokring is the wi(4) from Microsoft MN-520 which I
think requires firmware.  ISL3873 PRISM2.5

Huge thanks if you could add any of those drivers in... it saves me from
having to cross-compile on some other ancient hardware.

>> Sorry for combining a how-to with a mention of the tpctl-induced headache...
>
> yup!thanx for your report.

Thank you for making this easy without having to cross-compile.

Not quite sure how I'm going to use this.. but I'm positive I wont build
perl from source like Sevan :)

Any ideas on using resize_ffs(8) besides doing from another NetBSD box?