[talk] SD cards for Pi?

Thomas Levine _ at thomaslevine.com
Wed Nov 22 13:03:57 EST 2017

During my forway into portable disposible computing, I determined that
anything other than flash memory was not worth the hassle. SD cards are
stupidly cheap and fast enough, so I thought it was best just to have an
easy process for replacing them. I don't think I ever managed to mount a
hard drive nor SSD, possibly because there wasn't enough power. And they
wouldn't have been very fast anyway because the USB controller is slow.

Sadly, I found that the need to use an operating system other than
OpenBSD was not worth the convenience of portable disposible computers,
so now I am back to a ThinkPad X201.