[talk] How to ban x11 from ports

Raul Cuza raulcuza at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 21:55:52 EDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 1:50 PM, fire crow <fire at firecrow.com> wrote:
> Update:
> I was able to install git, after updating perl to 5.24.3, git still
> installed gtk and a bunch of Xorg and ui deps which makes me sad but is no
> longer blocking my development.
>
> ~fire
>
> On Oct 15, 2017 1:33 PM, "fire crow" <fire at firecrow.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, im having a hard time building git without gtk, which brings in all
>> kinds of xorg dependencies.
>>
>> Its not building, chokes on various packages, most of then are x11
>> related.
>>
>> My system is totally headless I never boot into X. Though it was once on
>> my system.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to completely ban Xorg related packages from ports.
>>
>> I tried this
>> $ cat /etc/make.conf
>> WITHOUT_X11=yes
>>
>> With no success.
>>
>> ~fire

Hola fire,

The git website only has Linux/OSX instructions, but the source
install instructions there do not include GTK or other X11
requirements. They might be assumed because on another page it says
git-gui and gitk are included (https://git-scm.com/downloads/guis).
Does the Makefile have a way of not building these parts of git?

Raúl