[talk] SSL certificates

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Sep 12 11:39:22 EDT 2017

On 09/12/2017 07:38, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 02:24:00PM +0000, George Rosamond wrote:
>> Mark Saad:
>>> All
>>>    I was looking tat replace a  wildcard ssl  cert on a commercial site and I was looking for options .
>>>
>> wildcard certs have security implications to them. Best to avoid.
>>

> Out of curiosity: any real-world reason not to do Let's Encrypt?
>
> I'm pondering writing a book on LE with acme.sh.
i'd be keen to get a copy of that!  the devs i support loved your ssh
book, and i loved it b/c i didn't have to actually interact with humans :)

one issue i've had with let's encrypt is trying to use it on private
subdomains on AWS.  iirc the system needs to have a public DNS entry as
well as access from the internet to work - i might be mistaken tho on
this...

-pete

--
Pete Wright