[talk] Intel vulnerability discussion

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Jan 17 17:54:06 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 4:54 PM, George Rosamond
<george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> I don't know about NetBSD, but I believe that OpenBSD didn't get any
> notification, and FreeBSD had enough time to do a press release. DragonFly?

Nothing for DragonFly.  Though Matt had fixes in DragonFly within 48
hours or so...  which implies it could have been fixed 5 months and 29
days sooner, if this embargo hadn't been in place.

It didn't add to anyone's workload to notify, and it's not hard to
provide that notification.  Even if BSD systems are 1% of the market,
it affects almost 100% of BSD users... so they should have made the
effort.  Not doing it hurt the fix process.