[talk] A NYCBUG-related presentation that's not at NYCBUG

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Tue Mar 27 10:46:38 EDT 2018

Tomorrow night, Wednesday, March 28, I'll be speaking at a New York
Perlmongers technical meeting on the impact of Perl 5 development work
on the viability of CPAN libraries.

Now, I suspect that that description puts some of you to sleep right
away, but ...

There's a NYCBUG angle to this.

For a couple of months I've been discussing with NYCBUG admin concerning
the possibility of doing more testing of open-source projects on the
BSDs.  Ask yourself:  Does your favorite open-source project test
extensively on platforms other than L___x?

I'll touch upon these questions in the Wednesday presentation.  This
will be held at:

MongoDB
229 West 43 St (btw. 7th and 8th Aves -- former NY Times building)
6:30 pm

You'll have to register on meetup to attend, but the meeting is
otherwise free and open.

https://www.meetup.com/The-New-York-Perl-Meetup-Group/events/248536785/

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan