[talk] IP Addressing

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Fri Mar 30 14:12:37 EDT 2018

* Sujit K M <kmsujit at gmail.com> [2018-03-30 20:15:31+0530]:
> If I was in a network of a ISP A and run Youtube with a video. How
> much time Will it take for the Same Youtube application switch, I have
> two ISPs Connection at home, when I move to an ISP B. It is taking
> unbelievable less time for me make any sense.

If I understood correctly:

    - you have two ISP connections at home
    - you ran some random Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)
    - this video took X seconds to start playing
    - you switched to the other ISP, and ran the same video
    - this video took Y seconds to start playing
    - apparently, Y is much smaller than X

And you are wondering why Y takes less time than X? I would bet you that
there is some caching going on there, probably at more than one level.

Thomas