[talk] Vpn service

Cullum Smith cullum at c0ffee.net
Sat Nov 3 23:31:36 EDT 2018

On 11/04, Ipsen S Ripsbusker wrote:
> I have been trying to set up VPN but have consistently failed on
> OPNSense and OpenBSD. (On OPNSense I think I configure OpenVPN properly
> but fail to set up proper rules.) Part of the issue is that I know
> very little about networking and there are few tutorials for OPNSense
> or OpenBSD. I'm thinking about setting up another router with pfSense
> just because lots of tutorials use that. Could anyone suggest either a
> tutorial that I might not have seen or a simpler approach that I might
> still be able to understand?

I have a small pfsense box at home that I've been very happy with.

I also wrote a guide last year for running your own VPN on using OpenVPN on
FreeBSD. It's got a bunch of pf configuration snippets in there, so it should
be fairly applicable to OpenBSD as well.

https://www.c0ffee.net/blog/openvpn-guide/

Cullum