[talk] NAS hardware

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Mar 18 18:00:47 EDT 2019

On 3/18/19 2:21 PM, Ipsen S Ripsbusker wrote:
> I want to make a small NAS with two disks in RAID1, or even just one disk. Its only purpose will be to take nightly backups of less than 1GB. What hardware should I use?
>
> The hardest part might be finding a case that small.

i know this isn't what you specifically asked for - but i'm a big fan of
tarsnap for backup tasks like this:
http://tarsnap.com/

i put $50 on an account for work last year and i think i still have like
$40 left, so Colin's pricing model works out pretty well for our use
case of backing up critical configuration files that are not suitable
for git.

but maybe an Intel NUC will work for you if you'd prefer to use your own
gear.  iirc they have an m.2 slot as well as sata slot for 2.5" drives.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org