[talk] AWS vs Azure

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Sat May 11 07:42:39 EDT 2019

On a recent discussion I was rightly pointed to a lot of FreeBSD work
that went into FreeBSD for AWS. I might not be that correct saying AWS
is there for FreeBSD 11.

Now on parallel, I checked a kernel built install for Linux Kernel 5.0 and
it really went smoothly.

What I want to know is how does AWS/Azure look up kernel. I thought
we have some FreeBSD experts who would like to let us know what exactly
goes into the image to make it a smooth transition from one version of OS
to another. Though I could have googled and got the information. I would like
to concrete implementation details I can rely on.