[talk] bitcoin+python...

steve.b at osfda.org steve.b at osfda.org
Tue Sep 17 19:22:44 EDT 2019

I did some code today for address generation in bitcoin; due to its
results being at odds with a popular library online, I wanted someone to
check my handiwork. If you happen to find digital currency tech as
interesting as I do, please contact me directly off this list.

It's a pretty brief collection of statements for public key generation
(but using an UNCOMPRESSED public key -normally compressed public keys
are used in bitcoin to generate addresses, and that might explain the
discrepancy...) It follows a methodology laid out in an introductory
article on generating addresses. The code is brief, but the theory can
be a challenge.

No, this is not directly BSD related; but seeing as how this user group
is the deeper end of the technical pool, perhaps someone else would find
it interesting too (we can IMMEDIATELY reconnoiter off this list...)

Sorry for the Email if you're not into it, but that's all I'll say on
this channel. [If the date was close to the next meeting, I would just
ask there; but time is tight for me, and we're still a couple of weeks
away from that...]