[talk] bitcoin+python...

steve.b at osfda.org steve.b at osfda.org
Wed Sep 18 09:45:11 EDT 2019

Well, I got one taker to check my approach.

Last night I walked through two code examples from differing authors on
generating addresses and finally got them to agree (the variance was due
to a hex string conversion at one step...)

This has to do with an older way of generating addresses that is no
longer done: using /*uncompressed*/ keys.

Back in the days when ""Satoshi"" was active online, he was using them...