[talk] ThinkPad X270 ($429) -- good idea?

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Wed Sep 18 14:38:23 EDT 2019

In the market for a cheap and small BSD laptop. Lenovo has the X270 on
sale right now:

    https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/ThinkPad-X270/p/22TP2TX2700

It's not fancy, but the $429 price-point is very nice.

(They also have a netbook-sized 11" laptop called the 11e (Gen 5) which
they market as a "student laptop" (I don't know what makes it "student"
other than the size/price), but that's slightly more expensive ($560)
and I don't know anyone running BSD on it, so I'll stay away from it.)

Any reason not to get the X270? I'll only be using it to SSH and some
light web browsing, so I don't need anything crazy powerful.

Thomas