[talk] ThinkPad X270 ($429) -- good idea?

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Wed Sep 18 15:45:19 EDT 2019

* George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> [2019-09-18 14:45:49-0400]:
> > In the market for a cheap and small BSD laptop. Lenovo has the X270
> > on sale right now:
>
> I think there's many people running BSDs on that.. check dmesgd.

Yup, I had checked this. Loads of folks running the X270 with no
problems. No one is running the 11e, as far as I can tell.

> I'm completely happy with all the x2?? series I've dealt with.  x230
> is my current and next laptop.  IIRC, lighter than the x240, and dirt
> cheap.

Yeah, pretty much everyone who has the X series has only good things to
say about it, so I will pull the trigger on the X270.

> I do with the old x120e series with 11.4" screen was revised... I
> mean, was there anything better than an x40?

Yeah, I was hoping to go smaller than 12.5", and I'm surprised I found
the ThinkPad 11e with the 11.6" screen. I thought pretty much all the
manufacturers had abandoned anything smaller than a 12.5" screen to
avoid cannibalizing their 14"+ laptop markets.

Thomas