[Tor-BSD] IPv6

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Tue Nov 5 16:03:30 EST 2013

Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 10:59:15 -0700:

| So - anyone running a tor bridge on IPv6?  I've configured my node to
| support IPv6 but have not seen any connections so far on my IPv6 addr.
|
| Was wondering if anyone else is doing this out there and if they had any
| stories or things to look out for.

I'm running a couple, and ordinary relays too, on IPv6. One of them had
its IPv6 address in the footer on https://bridges.torproject.org/ for a
long time and that one is seeing some traffic.

Setting EntryStatistics 1 should give you some numbers in
$datadir/stats/bridge-stats. I see things like

bridge-ip-versions v4=16,v6=48
bridge-ip-versions v4=24,v6=16

For those who want more info on how to configure an IPv6 bridge or relay
and what to expect to work and not, here's a slightly outdated HOWO:
https://people.torproject.org/~linus/ipv6-relay-howto.html

Developers, note the hint given by the trac ticket numbers here! ;)