[Tor-BSD] Having issues forcing Tor release 0.2.6.9 to build with update libssl.so.32.0 library

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sat Jul 4 14:37:56 EDT 2015

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 00:06:48 -0700, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does /usr/lib/gcc-lib/amd64-unknown-openbsd5.7/4.2.1 point to /usr/lib?
> (I don't expect it to, but if it does, that's your issue.)

No, /usr/lib/gcc-lib/amd64-unknown-openbsd5.7/4.2.1 is its own a directory.

> Otherwise, I can only assume your /usr/local/lib/libssl* is either:
> * the wrong architecture,
> * unreadable,
> * loaded after /usr/lib/libssl*, or
> * somehow excluded from your list of shared libraries (I don't know how
> OpenBSD configures shared libraries).
>
> Can you build something else against the LibreSSL in /usr/local and get
> it to link correctly?

No, I'm actually having the exact same issue with OpenSMTPD 5.7.1 release
right now.

> What is your libevent linked against?

How would I check this? libevent just seems to be some libraries.

$ sudo find / -name libevent*
/usr/lib/libevent.so.4.1
/usr/lib/libevent.a
/usr/lib/libevent_p.a

> Tor links against libevent, and libevent could be pulling in the SSL
> library from /usr/lib, before the ssl library from /usr/local/lib, but
> this is a longshot. (I don't know how conflicting libraries are resolved
> on OpenBSD.)
>
> I can't really help beyond this point, as it looks like your issue is
> with OpenBSD shared libraries, and I don't have a test system or the
> relevant expertise.

I can help with providing test system to bang on, if anyone has the
required skills to dig into this some more.