[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD permissions issues

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Nov 18 05:18:16 EST 2015

"N.J. Thomas" <njt at ayvali.org> wrote:

> * Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> [2015-11-17 14:23:13-0800]:
> > > Has anyone else noticed the same? Am I doing something wrong with my
> > > install, or does this need to be fixed?
> > >

> > on my end this info is already included in the pkg-message.in file which
> > should get printed to stdout when installing the pkg.
>
> Ugh, serves me right for ignoring this during installation.
>
> I guess my next question is, if is this something that can be automated?

Yes. The port's ElectroBSD version does it in the rc script like this (patch 4):
https://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/electrobsd/tor-devel-0.2.7.4-rc.diff

> Is there any particular reason this is a manual step?

That's a question you should probably ask the maintainer.

The PR history of the tor ports suggests that you may have to
wait a while for a response, though.

Fabian