[Tor-BSD] openbsd 6.0: tor running as root user

failure failure at openmailbox.org
Sun Nov 27 18:00:05 EST 2016

Hello,

I got a new VPS for one of my tor exits which has IPMI. So I want to
give Openbsd a try.

I installed tor-0.2.7.6p1 with pkg_add and upgraded it later to
tor-0.2.7.6p2 via mtier repo. A _tor user and tor group got created but
the tor process runs as user root (as shown with "ps aux" and also which
tor complains about in the log file).

I had a look in differnet files in rc.d (e. g. unbound, which runs as
user _unbound), but couldn't find out why unbound does run as a non-root
user but tor does. I also searched the inet for a while, without success.

my rc.conf.local:

ntpd_flags="-s"
pkg_scripts=tor
sndiod_flags=NO
tor_flags="-f /etc/tor/torrc"
unbound_flags=

for enabling and starting I used rcctl.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best

PS: Am I right in understanding, that running an up-to-date version of
tor with openbsd is only possible in -current atm?