[Tor-BSD] openbsd 6.0: tor running as root user

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Wed Nov 30 15:22:00 EST 2016

> I migrated an existing exit-node (freebsd) to the new server (openbsd).
> while doing so I just copied the existing torrc which was without the
> "User"  option. I assumed the torrc was fine and never had a look at the
> torrc template while e. g. checking nusenu's ansible-relayor role to
> find out what I might have done wrong in the installing process.

ansible-relayor creates user(s) and specifies them in the torrc
configuration file.

If you are planing to use ansible-relayor against OpenBSD targets before
ansible 2.3 is released, remember to set squash_actions in your
configuration to workaround a known bug:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core/issues/5708#issuecomment-262540026