[Tor-BSD] new tor -alpha release and DOS attacks

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Dec 21 16:14:00 EST 2017

For anyone who's running any directory services, there has been heavy
memory-consuming attacks going on since last week.

We should discuss mitigation on the operating system level with
host-based firewalling and syctl knobs in a separate thread, but the new
tor -alpha release is supposed to deal with the issue.

The FreeBSD security/tor-devel was updated zippy quick, and I'm running
it now on NYCBUG0.

5822 F82D 665B 5C6A 915B FAD4 B014 1CEE 545A A6C6