[Tor-BSD] new tor -alpha release and DOS attacks

Alexander Nasonov alnsn at yandex.ru
Fri Dec 22 16:16:05 EST 2017

Christian Sturm wrote:
> On 12/21/2017 10:14 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
> > The FreeBSD security/tor-devel was updated zippy quick, and I'm running
> > it now on NYCBUG0.
>
> I just updated tor-dev in pkgsrc-wip, so NetBSD and others should be
> able to update it with ease too.

I was going to update it yesterday but I noticed that versioning
is screwed (most likely because of the -rc suffix) and I was going
to take a closer look today.

It shouldn't affect the binaries but you may have troubles with
automatic updates and you may have to remove the previous version
manually, e.g pkg_delete tordev-0.3.2.7-rc, before installing the
new version.

--
Alex