[Tor-BSD] obfs4proxy imported to pkgsrc (with build instructions for FreeBSD)

Vinícius Zavam egypcio at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 23 05:31:24 EST 2017

> Vinícius Zavam:
> > On Sep 30, 2017 20:46, "Alexander Nasonov" <alnsn at yandex.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> >> The instruction below is for building net/obfs4proxy and net/tor on
> >> FreeBSD 11 amd64 as a regular user in their home directory.
> >
> > Sevan (@sevanjaniyan on Twitter) pointed out that the instruction isn't
> > specific to FreeBSD. You can try it on any POSIX-like OS with a working
> > Go compiler.
> >
> > There is actually one tiny bit in the instruction which probably
> > works only on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and some Linux distros. A path to
> > curl is hardcoded:
> >
> > FETCH_CMD=/usr/local/bin/curl
>
> hard-coded paths are never good.
>

> > Just make sure that FETCH_CMD is set properly in mk-fragment before
> > running bootstrap.
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > большое спасибо!
> >
> > I am trying to push it officially to FreeBSD' ports repo since a few
days;
> > https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12524
> >
> > the sources on our GitHub repo are already synced and signed. if someone
> > wants to play with it (and our other ports) a little, just get stuff on
> > https://github.com/torbsd/freebsd-ports
> >
> > again, thank you (both)!
>
> Great stuff.  Getting obfs4proxy into pkgsrc and FreeBSD is a great step.
>
> Now we need to get some more BSD people running bridges with obfs4proxy,
> since these numbers are ugly:
>
> https://torbsd.github.io/oostats/bridges-trans-os.txt
>
> For those around NYC, tomorrow TDP/NYC*BUG are doing a meeting to
> address that:
>
> http://www.nycbug.org/index.cgi?action=view&id=10654

hi!

I am getting back to this thread in order to inform you that obfs4 is now
officially available in FreeBSD's ports tree :)

soon will be some package available via pkg, but you can also start to use
it with poudriere or right away by compiling the security/obfs4proxy-tor
port.

thanks to yuri@, mat@, swills@, @adamw@ and others.

--
Vinícius Zavam