[Tor-BSD] Kernel crashes FreeBSD 11

Paul pa011 at web.de
Mon May 15 07:52:56 EDT 2017

I am running Exits on Tor 0.2.9.10 on FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p9 with rather small RAM.
It works well apart from the fact that it crashes from time to time leaving one of the following messages in the log:

kernel: [1405996] kern.maxfiles limit exceeded by uid 256, please see tuning(7).

kernel: [60876] [zone: mbuf_cluster] kern.ipc.nmbclusters limit reached

I know it is certainly a RAM issue, which I don’t want to increase. So could somebody please provide me with a
 way to check the system in advance and probably reset it before it cant be reached from outside.

Thank you

Paul