[Tor-BSD] OpenBSD tor -stable/-alpha split port

Alexander Nasonov alnsn at yandex.ru
Sun Nov 12 15:31:51 EST 2017

teor wrote:

> [...]

That's right. We don't have enough developers to support both stable and
unstable (or whatever they're called) worlds in pkgsrc. WIP project is
less strict and I thought that many benefits of the alpha release
outweight a burden of maintaining it.

> Unless there's a symlink from tor to tor-dev when tor isn't installed?

We have pkg_alternatives in pkgsrc but it works only when all
projects are in main pkgsrc repository. Packages like lua5{1,2,3}
or multiple versions of python can be configured this way. I actually
didn't know until now that it's quite popular. I counted more than 200
files called "ALTERNATIVES". Even nvi has support (I guess it makes it
easy to switch back and forth between vim and nvi).

--
Alex