[Tor-BSD] Tor BSD Bridge installfests

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Sep 6 18:00:00 EDT 2017

TDP is organizing a BSD Tor Bridge installfest in NYC for Oct 4, as a
NYC*BUG meeting.

The goal is to increase the number of bridges running BSDs. Excess
residential bandwidth of the BSD scene in NYC is big. Most people have
decent FIOS or cable connections.

There are a mere 37 Tor bridges running BSDs, and Linux alone accounts
for 98.2% of the bridge bandwidth.

With the obfs4 in -current OpenBSD ports, and FreeBSD's on the way and
NetBSD as a WIP-port, it's a good time to enlist others to run a BSD bridge.

We are looking to assist others in replicating our installfest effort.
There's a blog post up about the installfest, but we'll be publishing a
'recipe' for the installfest soon.

https://torbsd.github.io/blog.html#installfest

If anyone is interested in doing something in their locale, let us know
if we can help out, including publicizing.