[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD/HardenedBSD - auto updating packages

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Sun Feb 25 17:26:58 EST 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 08:49:00PM +0000, nusenu wrote:
> > So I learned a thing: pkg(8) has a variable called HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS
> > that will auto-restart any services of updated packages. A plugin
> > would still be needed if the admin _only_ wanted tor to be restarted.
> > Would you still like me to write that plugin?
> are you saying that tor automatically gets restarted when pkg updates
> the tor package on FreeBSD and HBSD?

HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS is set to no by default. Users would have to set
HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS to yes. We can add that to the documentation.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer

Tor-ified Signal:    +1 443-546-8752
GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE