[Tor-BSD] Call for BSD Tor Relays from TDP

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Feb 26 12:59:00 EST 2018

Pete Wright:

> On 2/25/18 7:28 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
>> We are pushing this announce out, finally.
>>
>> The idea is for BSD-using firms and projects to run Tor relays (or
>> bridges) in their name.
>>
>> An Open Letter to BSD-powered Companies and Projects
>> https://torbsd.org/open-letter.html
>>
>> Any further publicity appreciated.
>
> this is great!  unfortunately my $JOB is currently all on AWS at the
> moment, is there any benefit of running a relay on AWS - my assumption
> is it's probably better than nothing despite potential for snooping on
> traffic?

You just *had* to ask that nomad!

I think most of us have the same attitude about bare-metal.

The hard reality is that there are/were Tor images for AWS, and there's
even a pluggable-transport (censorship mitigation method) that uses it.

If you can only do AWS... I'd say do it.

And let me know offlist.