[Tor-BSD] TransProxyType pf-divert on local machine

clematis clematis at insiberia.net
Wed Jan 10 20:46:36 EST 2018

Hello,

I would like to redirect gopher traffic through tor as a
transparent proxy on a local machine. Lynx isn't supporting Socks and I
would like to stay away from gopher_proxy so I though I could use a
transparent proxy.

But as you can guess, I can't get the right pf rules nor maybe
the right torrc settings.

SOCKSPort 9050 # Default: Bind to localhost:9050 for local connections.
AutomapHostsOnResolve 1  # not sure that one is needed
TransPort 127.0.0.1:10703 # so that should be the one
TransProxyType pf-divert  # I would like to use this method
#TransProxyType default  # I was also unsuccessful with rdr-to pf rules

For pf, I don't understand why divert-to must be on a 'in' rules.
In my case I do have a single network interface.

#pass out quick on tun0 inet proto tcp to any port 70 rdr-to \
127.0.0.1 port 10703 # that didn't work with TransProxyType default
pass in tun0 inet proto tcp to port 70 divert-to 127.0.0.1 \
port 10703
pass out on tun0 inet from any divert-reply

I've changed this so many times I can't get my head around it. Some help
would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
clematis (0x7e96fd2400fe7b59)