[Tor-BSD] tor 0.3.2.x reaching end-of-life on 2018-10-09

Tim Kuijsten info at netsend.nl
Fri Oct 5 08:04:41 EDT 2018

What would be the best approach for those who are running Tor on OpenBSD
stable (currently that is OBSD 6.3 with Tor 0.3.2.11 (via ports)).

I assume the Tor port on 6.3 only gets updates for 0.3.2.x, not 0.3.3.x.
So there will be a window where the port is not supported anymore by the
Tor project and 6.4 with the new 0.3.4.x is still not out (only at
November 1st).

I currently checkout out ports via cvs at the point where 0.3.3.9 was
committed and build on a 6.3 stable host. Manually distributed that
binary to an 6.3 server and it looks like it runs, but it's not optimal.

Are there any consensus weight penalties for running 0.3.2.x after it's
eol?

----- Forwarded message from nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> -----