[announce] NYC*BUG Tor-BSD List

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Feb 18 10:52:58 EST 2013

The New York City *BSD User Group (nycbug.org) is proud to announce a
mailing list dedicated to running the Tor anonymity software on the
BSDs.  The list aims to become a forum for BSD users and developers
interested in improving the performance and expanding the use of the
BSDs as a platform for Tor.

Tor is an open source public anonymity network that is utilized around
the world for anonymity and to bypass internet censorship.  More
information can be found at https://www.torproject.org.

At this point, the only BSD recommended by the Tor Project is FreeBSD
5.x or higher.  While there is an OpenBSD port, and a pkgsrc port for
NetBSD and Dragonfly BSD, they are not considered recommended operating
system platforms.  This is one issue the list could approach.

We believe the BSDs make an ideal platform for running Tor considering
the stability and security track record of the operating systems.

We welcome all interested individuals running or developing Tor on any
of the BSDs to join the list.

The mailing list is located at
http://lists.nycbug.org/mailman/listinfo/tor-bsd.