[CDBUG-talk] using dd to dump miniroot37.fs to swap

Jonathan Franks jonathan.franks at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:08:11 EDT 2005

Hi all,

One of the things that I was hoping to ask the group this evening was
just how to structure a dd command to dump miniroot37.fs (OpenBSD 3.7)
to the swap partition.

The system is a Sun Netra AC200 running Solaris 10. I've managed to
get miniroot37.fs in to /tmp on the server, but this is the first time
I've had to use dd and the man page is leaving me somewhat confused,
and the FAQ just says to dump the file to the swap partition using dd.

The hope here is to use the miniroot to install 3.7 on the netra...

Any help is ofcourse appreciated.....

-Jonathan