[CDBUG-talk] Meeting

Jonathan Franks jfranks214 at taconic.net
Wed Jan 19 23:08:29 EST 2005

Hello all.

I've decided (arbitrarily) that we should hold an organizational
meeting. The mailing list is still fairly small, and the discussion has
been fairly silent, but I think that we've got enough people to warrant
a meeting. I'm really not terribly experienced in organizing things of
this nature, but I took it on, and I'm going to make a serious effort to
make it work.

Based on our previous discussion of meeting times, it appears that the
only day that is good for all responding is Sunday. We've had some
feedback on and off list regarding location, and from that I am left
with two obvious choices. Keeping in mind that the initial meeting place
may not be the final one, it's basically a tie between the Borders Cafe
in Colonie, or the Albany Public Library.

Either one is fine with me (though I don't get too many chances to drink
espresso these days...), so I think you should vote. My feeling is that
we should shoot for Sunday, Jan. 30... early to late afternoon is best
for me, perhaps 3pm?

The meeting will be organizational in nature. The idea is that we'll
meet each other, and do a little brainstorming on just what we hope to
see this group become. No real pressure, just a rough draft so to speak.

-Jonathan