[CDBUG-talk] Meeting followup.

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Jan 31 21:24:42 EST 2005

At 6:45 PM -0500 1/31/05, Jonathan Franks wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>    I just wanted to thank everyone for coming yesterday. It was great
>to meet all of you, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again next
>month.

It was fun to meet a few more local bsd'ers.

>    For those of you who couldn't make it, we basically decided to meet
>on the last Sunday of each month for now.

At the meeting, I also mentioned the chat server called 'lily'.  If
anyone wants an account on lily, they can have one by checking out:

    http://lily.acm.rpi.edu:7780/new

I don't think I mentioned at the meeting, but this server is also
running on a FreeBSD system (not that there is any way for you to
tell).  It used to run on a NeXTstation, and then I switched it to
FreeBSD.  This is just a fun side-project of mine.  One of the goals
was to see how long I could keep a system up-and-running with a
production service on it.

The three longest runs for the lily server are:

  373 days 10 hours, ended at 12:40pm on Jul 24, 2000  (long power outage)
  599 days 14 hours, ended at 18:52pm on Sep  6, 2002  (UPS failure)
  497 days 18 hours, ended at 18:36pm on Apr 28, 2004  (disk failure)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu