[CDBUG-talk] sendmail question

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Thu Jun 23 10:11:44 EDT 2005

> Is there some way to set sendmail or some other MTA (I'm
open to
> suggestions) to throttle the number of messages it will
send
> in a given time? I'd RTFM if I knew which FM to R, but
this

Postfix is your friend, it is *sendmail compatible*, is
fast, clean, secure and easy to use!

http://www.postfix.org, just download the latest source,
make a user postfix a group postdrop and make install.

Or just get it out of /usr/ports/mail/postfix

Once you have it running in your main.cf you can put:

default_destination_concurrency_limit=1

This should make things better, you can also define problem
domains and use the above logic with said domains.

HTH
Eric