[CDBUG-talk] intro

Jonathan Franks jonathan.franks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:33:32 EDT 2006

On 7/17/06, tmh at cfl.rr.com <tmh at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Just joined the group; I'll introduce myself. My first name is Tim
> and I live in central Florida near Orlando.

Welcome Tim,

I believe that you are our most distant member, but we are glad to have you
just the same. This list has been fairly low traffic and our group is still
relatively small, but discussion is welcome.

My vocation is as a
> business application programmer which I started in '66 by
> wire-wrapping boards for Univac 1004/1005s. I spent the next 14 years
> designing/writing big-iron financial applications: demand desposit,
> time deposit, installment loan. Since '81 I've specialized in
> designing/writing micro-iron vertical order processing applications
> for distribution businesses: automotive aftermarket,
> awards & presentations, pottery & landscaping.
>
> My hardware is limited to Intel/AMD powered computers on which I use
> FreeBSD and the Debian distribution of Linux.
>
> My current project is a web enabled horizontal order processing
> application using Apache and Linux/FreeBSD which you can test drive,
> if you wish, at my showroom at www.sababeach.net.

I am retired excepting continued support for my order processing
> application. I join ix user groups as an enjoyable way to keep up with
> the state of ix software.
>
> Well, it's good to have you on with us. welcome, and I look forward to
having you join in.

-Jonathan