[CDBUG-talk] Slow webmail

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Fri May 15 08:39:57 EDT 2009

I have a webmail system at work (apache 1.3.x + PHP5 + SquirrelMail)
that became slow quite suddenly a few weeks ago.  It can take 40-60
seconds just to send a 1 line message to myself and then return to the
index of all email messages.

By setting up Apache + PHP5 + SquirrelMail on another box and pointing
it to the same IMAP and SMTP servers, I can get much better
performance (2-10 seconds for the same send/index process as above).

On the problemative box, I've updated Apache from 1.3.36 to 1.3.42,
PHP from 5.2.3 to 5.2.9, and SquirrelMail from 1.4.10a to 1.4.17.  No
improvement.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jaime