[CDBUG-talk] Port management

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri Jan 29 10:13:07 EST 2010

My experience with portupgrade for workstation / desktop oriented systems
has been unwieldy at best.  Doing any sort of operation repair or fix on
it's database is excruciatingly slow.  I actually like using pre-built
packages for most things and I like how portmaster combines pre-built
packages with the source-built ports.  I'm giving it a whirl for now and
we'll see how it goes.

Chuck Atkins
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.
(518) 371-3971 x603

-- "Mathematicians are tools for turning coffee grounds into formulas.",
Paul Erdos