[CDBUG-talk] Slow LAMP apps

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Sun Sep 29 09:24:57 EDT 2013

I'm looking for tips on speeding up a few LAMP applications.
Specifically, the two slow ones use FreeBSD, Apache 2, MySQL 5.x and
PHP 5.x.  One is Moodle and uses LDAP and has its biggest issues when
users login for the first time (especially 20-25 users in the same few
minutes, as happens in a classroom.)  The other is Drupal 7.x and
doesn't use LDAP, but its running on the same server.

By comparison, DokuWiki uses ASCII files instead of MySQL and it DOES
use LDAP for authentication.  Its the same LDAP server as in the
Moodle instance.  I haven't noticed any lag in DokuWiki, but maybe its
just lighter code in the first place.  I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on how to figure this out?

Thanks in advance,
Jaime