[CDBUG-talk] CDBUG needs a logo!

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Thu Mar 5 21:41:13 EST 2015

On 03/05/15 21:37, Jaime wrote:
>> On Mar 5, 2015, at 10:33 AM, freebsd at fongaboo.com wrote:
>> Is there anything that visually correlates to BSD in general?
> I believe the references to demons, plumbing, and pitch forks have been a visual pun (referencing daemons and pipes and forks) since before FreeBSD existed.  OpenBSD adopted a puffer fish some time after I first looked at it in December 1995.  At the time, NetBSD was still using cherub-like demons for its mascots.  I don't remember any mascot at all for OpenBSD, but it was fairly new at the time.  I don't even hunk it had acquired its security mindset at the time.

That sounds about right: Puffy has been our mascot for a while now; I
think people associate Puffy with OpenBSD.

Not to say this is the direction you ought to go fong, but the BSDNow
logo (bsdnow.tv) is a nice mixture of FreeBSD and OpenBSD. It's not
perfect though. And it might not be right for us.

I will say I like Garance's interpretation a lot! But maybe that's me
being an RPI grad student showing :-)

~Brian