[CDBUG-talk] FTP user for Wordpress Management

freebsd at fongaboo.com freebsd at fongaboo.com
Wed Aug 17 11:26:56 EDT 2016

I managed to create a user that is FTP-only and not chrooted (as far as
ProFTPd is concerned).

However when I try to do a plugin update from the Wordpress dashboard, it
still fails. I've FTP'ed manually into the plugin directory corresponding
to the plugin I'm trying to update and managed to edit a file in-place in
that directory, so it would seem the permissions I've set are providing
the expected results.

But at this point I am not sure what is failing exactly and I'm not sure
what I can monitor to find out. I've tried looking at
/var/log/ftpdebug.log, but no matter what I seem to do, I only get entries
pertaining to initial login.

This is what the logging section of my proftpd.conf file looks like:

Extendedlog     /var/log/ftpdebug.log   AUTH

DebugLevel      10

I believe it was originally at 2, but raising it doesn't seem to increase
verbosity at all.

Alternately, is there any kind of log I could debug on the PHP side of
things to see exactly what is being attempted by the dashboard when I
initiate a plugin update?