[CDBUG-talk] DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Wed Jan 13 10:08:24 EST 2016

> On Jan 13, 2016, at 6:49 AM, Jaime <jaime at snowmoon.com> wrote:
>
> Patrick, I get daily emails about the security status of installed ports without those from jobs you mentioned.  I think that it is built into the daily and weekly cronjobs.  Or maybe I configured it with periodic.conf.

Yeah Forgot that vulnerabilities are listed in the security email.  but by default it doesn't show packages that are updated,  so the portsnap fetch / pkg dance will email you daily which of your ports are out of date ...

> I agree with your assessment, though.  It is probably a port dependency.
>
> I also agree with the idea of putting freebsd-update into cron.  Between that step and VM snapshots, I've found FreeBSD to be a dream come true (again) for OS updates.  What I used to do once every 6-18 months out of fear of breaking a critical system has become a monthly task that takes a few minutes to complete. It's great!

Yeah it is pretty awesome :)

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.