[Semibug] Tuesday: "IPv6 for the Vaguely Aware"

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Mon Apr 17 01:21:30 EDT 2017

Good evening, folks.  Tuesday's presentation will be OS-agnostic, regarding
IPv6.  IPv6 is available for the BSDs, for Linux, for OSX, for Windows, and
for our mobile devices.

Most of us are familiar with IPv4, the "IP" we think of when we consider
TCP/IP.  Some of us have heard of IPv6, and know that it was intended to
supplant IPv4 one day.  Some of us know it has a larger address space,
and uses hex addresses.  Some of us have even attempted to use it, with
varying degrees of head-desk & face-palm, or some success.

I'll take a brief look at practical IPv6 - what's similar to IPv4, what
changes a little bit but is still understandable, and what gets very
weird.  And what to consider when dealing with the new and strange.

Hope to see y'all at the usual time and place: Altair Engineering,
Troy,  Tuesday 7:00 pm.

   -Josh-