[Semibug] Diagnosing a saturated network.

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.homeip.net
Wed Jan 11 12:26:50 EST 2017

On 2017-01-11 12:07, Jeremy Gransden wrote:

> Can you guys recommend any other reading on the topic?

Oh, absolutely.  Mike's *Networking for System Administrators.*
https://www.michaelwlucas.com/networking/n4sa

Netflow statistics are great, for telling you what *happened*, and what
happened over various periods of time.  And, most recently, up until the
previous 5 minutes.  But netflow stats are not as effective as telling
you
what is going on actively at this very moment.

I'm not a FreeBSD user, but I would bet FBSD's systat(1) netstat or
ifstat
displays might be helpful to keep you from wandering around the office.

   -Josh-